I was throwing away an empty egg carton and thought about the many fun things I could do with it…Here is an after-school craft idea/great way to recycle. Also, try making spiders, ladybugs, and butterflies using painted paper towels.
Things You Need
- Cardboard Egg Carton
- Construction Paper
- Chenille Pipe Cleaner
- Jiggly Eyes
- Poster Paint
- Cut off the lid from the egg carton. Use the bottom section of the egg carton for this project.
- Cut the bottom section of the egg carton in half lengthwise.
- Cut off the lip of the egg carton if necessary so that the edges are even all of the way around.
- Paint the egg carton in bright colors. Add spots and stripes to make the caterpillar unique and realistic. Let the paint dry completely.
- Glue two Jiggly Eyes to one end of the egg carton. Draw a mouth with markers.
- Cut a sheet of construction paper into six strips to make legs. Make sure each strip is slightly longer than the width of the egg carton so it sticks out on both sides of it. Turn over the egg carton and glue the strips to the separators between each section. Let the glue dry completely.
- Turn over the caterpillar and poke pipe cleaners into the top of the front section for antennae.