My sweet tooth is getting the best of me again. Very excited to try these!
I spent my Sunday afternoon baking orange-cream macarons that turned out oh-so tasty, if I do say so myself. The flavor reminds me of one of my favorite childhood treats — Creamsicles!
Between the success of my mint-chocolate macarons a couple weeks ago and these, I’m feeling like I have the basics down.
Baking day outfit: Blouse C/O OASAP, Vintage Belt, Urban Outfitters Shorts, Sam Edelman Sandals
Orange Macaron Shells — adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour ran through food processor
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure orange extract
- Orange gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Use an oven thermometer to ensure accuracy.
- Sift almond four and confectioners’ sugar into bowl. Whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- Put egg whites in stand mixer bowl with whisk attachment. Begin whisking…
View original post 297 more words