I am back! I’ve come to this point in my life where I’ve decided to ‘better’ myself. Writing that I want to better myself reads so cliché but I have grown tired of wanting something but never doing anything to get what I wanted. Thus, I am bettering myself by deciding that I will work towards my goals and then actually putting in the work necessary to reach said goal.
I have to say that just in the week’s time since my decision I have never felt better. I love knowing that I am working towards something important and I am enjoying the journey towards my goals. I no longer feel like life is floating by and that one day I’ll look back and wonder where time has gone and why I haven’t made the progress I wanted to. All of the things that I’ve wanted to do have been crowding my head and I’ve been giving myself start dates, but have never begun.
So what goals have I begun to accomplish? To start, I decided that I would write a list of things I’d like to do within the next year to five years and I decided to start ASAP as opposed to waiting until January 1st like I usually do, and only following through until about January 7th.
Here’s what’s on my list:
- Start blogging again (Obviously, I’m nailing this goal) and keep at it
- Start working out
- Write a list of businesses or ventures I’d like to work on
- Then start working on them!
- Figure out what job/career makes me happy (Tough one)
- Buy a house
- Write a book about my life – No I don’t think I’m that important, I just want to write a book and I am most knowledgeable about my life
- Pay down my CC debt
- Eat healthier
- Strengthen and better the relationships with my family (Kids and Partner)
And, I think that’s enough for now, but no worries there’s more to come for my betterment journey. Finally, for most of the items on my list I’ve been able to forget starting to begin. Instead I have begun and now I’m working to continuing to achieve. As one of my goals, I will be blogging as often as possible and I will be sharing my experiences on my way to working at each point on my list.
I’m looking forward to my future…